The following was originally emailed to all FoxyCart users on 2009.12.15. It is published on our blog for reference.
FoxyCart v060: Lots of good stuff.
You asked. We programmed.
- PayPal Express Checkout / Standard was our #1 request, and we’re happy to oblige. You can now use PayPal as a payment option either by itself or with a traditional gateway.
- True Guest Checkout or Saved Account checkout modes allow for more flexibility on the checkout. We’ve implemented a method unseen in any other e-commerce system, but very intuitive for customers and flexible for developers.
- Multiple Payment Methods are now allowed on a single store, so you can combine credit card payments with purchase orders with PayPal.
- Maestro and other UK Debit Cards are now supported, with auto-detection on the checkout to display the start date and issue number fields.
- More details in the changelog
The upgrade process
The upgrade to v0.6.0 is a bit more involved than a normal upgrade, but shouldn’t be too tricky. Most of the effort will be due to the guest/account checkout changes to the first section of the checkout. As always, you’ll want check the complete upgrade notes in the wiki.
Haven’t set up a store yet? It’s easy too!
Price Increase: Effective Jan 1, 2010
IMPORTANT: Existing stores will not be affected.
Effective Jan 1, 2010, new FoxyCart stores will be charged at $19/mo rather than the $15/mo FoxyCart has charged since launching two years ago. We’d love additional feedback, but it is important to note:
- Existing stores at $15/mo will not see a price increase.
- You can now earn money by referring your clients to FoxyCart, using our affiliate program. More details in the forum.
FoxyCart Quickbooks Integration from Consolibyte
Keith at Consolibyte has been hard at work polishing up a FoxyCart + Quickbooks integration, which is available both as a standalone self-installed system, or as a hosted service at only $5/mo.
While we haven’t yet used it ourselves, the word in the forums and in our inboxes is that it’s a brilliant implementation. Please take a look if you need better accounting support for your e-commerce needs.
- Consolibyte homepage
- Consolibyte FoxyCart + Quickbooks information
– @joshkuhn via Twitter</
TRUNCATED! Please download pandoc if you want to convert large files.